domingo, 22 de diciembre de 2013

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year, by Hannah Roscoe

First of all, I would like to wish everybody 
a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!  
I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and I look forward to catching up with the students in January. I’m spending Christmas and New Year with my family in England. As I write this I’m sat in my living room, enjoying the heat of the fire! It is strange to be back – hearing English instead of Spanish is quite a shock to the system. It is only a quick visit home so I will obviously be making the most of my time here with my family.


This term has flown by! So many things have happened since I arrived in September. From my previous post you will know that I went to Hungary with the students taking part in the Comenius scheme. I also had the opportunity to help out with a drama production in 1ºESO. It was a lot of fun getting to know the students as I don’t actually teach the youngest students in the school. My final lesson of the year was with 2ºBACH and Carlos. I had a presentation to teach them about Christmas in the UK, and then we all sat down to enjoy a few snacks together whilst singing traditional Christmas carols.On the last day of school, some of my students from 2ºBACH sang ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas’ over the school tannoy system. It was a very thoughtful gesture to round off the first term.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this post since I arrived back in England. I’m not sure how many of you have had the opportunity to spend Christmas in England so it may be of interest to you to know what we usually do together. So I have prepared a short PowerPoint presentation with pictures of Christmas in the UK. Enjoy!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario