domingo, 23 de abril de 2017

Day 6: Life in Getxo (2)


By  JC Bilyou and Corey Kelleher 
Well today was a pretty good day. The morning was light with a light breakfast of a few cakes that look and taste a little bit like corn bread and toast and we were then out the door.
We all got in our car, mom, dad, sister, me, my exchange partner, and even the dog. We drove out to a little town of Orduña and toured in the streets. We didn't have to be with other students because we had this time to spend with our families, so my family went on a hike.


The hike was in the mountains overlooking the town we had visited. There were a few land marks but the two most interesting ones were the ancient monastery ruins, and the tallest water fall in Spain (even if it was dry). The cliffs for the falls were pretty high, even I, who is not afraid of heights, was not feeling to good after it.
After our adventure we came home and had a nice dinner of chicken, ham, and bread. 



Corey Kelleher 
On Sunday everyone slept in very late and it's generally a very relaxed day. After getting ready Ane and her sister took me for a walk around their town to one of the cliffs and the view was so pretty and the weather was perfect. Then I met some of her extended family and I was a little nervous to meet them because I wanted to speak well because they only spoke Spanish but I was relieved because they said I spoke very well.

We ate lunch very late and I had homemade paella for the first time. I didn't expect to like it that much because I don't typically like seafood but I loved it so much. So far every new food that I have tried I have really liked. Also during lunch my family and I had a ton of different conversations about the United States and Spain and it was really cool to be able to talk to them in another language and have them understand me because the parents don't speak any English. I feel like I'm getting used to hearing it all the time and I'm starting understanding more and I have realized that speaking Spanish in a classroom is completely different from speaking with a native speaker.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario